The Avery Coonley Summer Program offers a diverse variety of summer excitement for all children in our community. Please view our program highlights below, if you have any questions or would like a to have a brochure sent to you, complete the form on the bottom of this page.
Academically and physically challenging enrichment with courses in science, math, humanities, fine arts, technology, and physical education for curious kids from kindergarten through eighth grade designed and taught by outstanding educators.
- Maximum individualization through hands-on learning igniting your child's intellect and creativity—the cornerstone of both the summer and gifted educational programs at The Avery Coonley School.
- Homogeneous groupings that have worked well in gifted educational settings and that help your child's socialization with peers.
- Instructional swimming taught by certified swimming instructors.
- An outstanding recreational program that includes swimming, outdoor education, music, athletics, arts and crafts, and captivating educational performances.
- A dynamic chess program, run by Chess Infinity, that divides young players by ability.
- A full-day and half-day Preschool Program for four and five-year-old students.
- Early morning and extended day programs open from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- A nutritious and delicious hot lunch program catered by Chef Fredy.
- Climate-controlled classrooms to escape the heat during those hot, humid days that are part of summer in Chicago.
- Flexible scheduling with three two-week sessions to fit the needs of you and your child.
The Avery Coonley School Summer Program –where enriching your child's life is our number one priority.
Request a Summer Program Brochure
If you are interested in receiving ACS Summer Program information for your child, please fill out and submit the form below. An ACS Summer Program information packet will be sent to you as soon as they are printed.