Kindling the minds of advanced and gifted learners since 1906.
Gifted kids learn faster, think bigger, and delve deeper. They hear, see, and feel more. They need an environment where they can collaborate with peers who are equally curious, energized by each other’s creativity, and enjoy academic challenge all day. A place where it is safe — and fun— to be smart.
The Avery Coonley School was designed to meet the needs of these advanced learners and provide them with the environment where they can thrive. We meet them where they are academically, then challenge them to think differently and even deeper. We encouraged them to take risks as they learn about the world, organize information, and learn to solve problems through hands-on experiences. At Avery Coonley, their minds soar and their bright ignites!
Contact our admission team at email@example.com or 630-353-7213. To help you make the best educational choice for your child, we’ll talk with you about giftedness, independent schools, financial aid, the curriculum, the admission process, and more.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the goal of the admission process at The Avery Coonley School?
- Does The Avery Coonley School have a wait list (admission pool)?
- Does my child need to retest every year in order to remain in the admission pool?
- Why should my child apply if there are no openings at this time in their grade?
- Is priority given to those students who have higher test scores?
- How are students selected after they qualify?
- Do children who attend the Preschool at Avery Coonley receive any preference during the admission process for Kindergarten?