The Summer Program team has developed a wonderful summer camp experience that will offer something for everyone! While it will look somewhat different in a COVID-19 world, we have created a program that will follow the recommended state guidelines to allow for great in-person selections. The class selections have been thoughtfully developed to offer students a variety of options for each session. The Avery Coonley School has implemented an appropriately disciplined approach to safety protocols throughout the facility.
We are excited to share with you that this year's ACS Summer Program will run from June 13 to July 22, 2022. We will be offering in-person Enrichment classes as well as Recreational programming. We offer classes for students aged from Preschool through rising 8th graders. In addition, we offer programs such as swimming lessons, before care and aftercare, and catered lunch.
Please contact the office for additional information. All registration is done online through our secured online service.
For class availability and fee schedule please hit the button below.
To contact the Summer Program Office, please call (630) 969-0800 ext. 7277, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Avery Coonley Summer Program offers a wide variety of summer excitement for all children in our community.
Academically and physically challenging enrichment with courses in science, math, humanities, fine arts, technology, and physical education for curious kids from kindergarten through eighth grade designed and taught by outstanding educators.
- Maximum individualization through igniting your child's intellect and creativity—the cornerstone of both the summer and gifted education programs at The Avery Coonley School.
- Homogeneous groupings that have worked well in gifted educational settings and that help your child's socialization with peers.
- An outstanding recreational program that includes outdoor education, music, athletics, arts and crafts.
- A dynamic chess program, run by Chess-Ed, that divides young players by ability.
- A nutritious and delicious catered lunch program.
- Climate-controlled classrooms to escape the heat during those hot, humid days that are part of summer in Chicago.
- Flexible scheduling with three two-week sessions to fit the needs of you and your child.