The Summer Program team is hard at work developing a wonderful summer camp experience that will offer something for everyone, whether in person or remote! While it will look somewhat different in a COVID-19 world, we are creating a program that will follow the recommended state guidelines to allow for a great in-person cohort option. The cohort option will allow the campers to remain in the same groups throughout the day. The class structures are being thoughtfully assembled to offer students a variety of options for each session. The Avery Coonley School has implemented an appropriately disciplined approach to safety protocols throughout the facility. All desks are fitted with plexiglass shields, active oxidation air purifiers have been installed throughout the building, UV sanitizers are available, a negative pressure isolation room is in place across from the nurse’s office as well as dozens of indoor and outdoor sinks for washing hands.
To contact the Summer Program Office, please call (630) 969-0800 ext. 7277, or email email@example.com.
The Avery Coonley Summer Program offers a wide variety of summer excitement for all children in our community.
Academically and physically challenging enrichment with courses in science, math, humanities, fine arts, technology, and physical education for curious kids from kindergarten through eighth grade designed and taught by outstanding educators.
- Maximum individualization through igniting your child's intellect and creativity—the cornerstone of both the summer and gifted education programs at The Avery Coonley School.
- Homogeneous groupings that have worked well in gifted educational settings and that help your child's socialization with peers.
- An outstanding recreational program that includes outdoor education, music, athletics, arts and crafts.
- A dynamic chess program, run by Chess-Ed, that divides young players by ability.
- A nutritious and delicious catered lunch program.
- Climate-controlled classrooms to escape the heat during those hot, humid days that are part of summer in Chicago.
- Flexible scheduling with three two-week sessions to fit the needs of you and your child.